Whelen’s CenCom Carbide has been engineered to maintain situational awareness of the officer. It delivers highly effective visual and auditory warnings. Designed for simplistic, hands-free usage, Carbide provides what Whelen calls Situation Based Integration. This feature allows for scene specific functions using various vehicle components, such as the horn or brakes, allowing officer’s priorities to be configured and controlled.
Carbide provides the capability to sync all lights together, including a Traffic Advisor™ or WeCan® Inner Edge®. Carbide is easily reproducible from vehicle to vehicle, and optional expansion modules and the WeCan dual siren amplifier are available to further customize functions. The integrated Load Manager reduces the chance of a drained battery by shutting off outputs as vehicle battery voltage declines. Also, the Integrated Auto-Off timer Keep Carbide functioning even if the ignition is turned off. When used with the Integrated Load Manager, this provides a safe way of maintaining critical warning functions even if the keys must be removed from the ignition
Additional features include, but are not limited to:
- Control warning lights, siren, and Traffic
- Advisor™ functions from a single keypad
- Fully supports all WeCan® Series products
- Supports up to 2 of the following: front WeCan
- Inner Edge®, rear WeCan Inner Edge, or optional
- remote 16 output modules
- Supports one or two 100 watt speakers
- LED indicator lights allow for simple troubleshooting
- of outputs and WeCan network
- Five year warranty
Get Whelen’s CenCom Carbide pdf from the Fleet Knowledge Base.
Watch the WeVision video.