The Network Division utilizes the Cloud when it is the best solution. For many things Cloud solutions are wonderful, but for many they are not.
If you need rapid scaling and geographical diversity, the cloud may be the way to go. But remember, the cloud is really just someone else’s server, it’s not magic!
Cloud-based solutions provide:
- Redundancy – When there is a hardware (RAM, CPU, motherboard etc.) failure in a server, it will route traffic to a backup server.
- Scalability – In Cloud servers, you can increase/decrease resources (RAM, CPU, storage etc.) anytime as you see fit.
- 100% Uptime – Whatever application, files, images, videos are there on the Cloud, they’re all accessible all the time.
- Hosting – Your business website needs to be stored somewhere and be accessible to other computers. Hosting allows you to use another’s rack space to accomplish this.
The benefits for business are:
- Data protection
- Regulatory compliance and data residency requirements
- Scalability and flexibility
- Cost efficiencies
- Access to data anytime, anywhere.
Sometimes cloud solutions are not the way. Depending on your company’s requirements, you may notice connection issues or network latency. Additionally, given enough operating capital, you may be able to save your business a lot of money down the road by creating your own business network.
What’s best for your organization? Let the team at 2-Way’s Network Division help create and execute a road map for the IT solution that’s best for your business. Give them a call (603-431-6288) or send an email to NetworkSolutions@2-way.biz.